Mar 21, 2013

Sometimes, it's just about food!

In case you didn't already know, I live in Prescott Valley, AZ and I like to eat. I have my splurges and I have my "go-to's" and I have the RESTAURANT. It took me a long time to notice it, its a medium sized place with a small presence. It's called "Sally B's" and the sign on the front just reads, in big red letters, RESTAURANT. Kind of misleading if you ask me. It reminds me of your regular, around the corner, diner. They have the big, thick, heavy duty coffee mugs. They serve breakfast ALL day and early in the week, sadly, they close after lunch and stay that way until the next morning. What is this all about you might ask... well, I went there for lunch today. I got my regular. The Frisco Burger (minus the 1000 Island dressing, sorry Sally) with a side of fries and iced tea. Not only am I VERY picky about my iced tea (theirs is wonderful) I'm also picky about my burgers. This one is a winner. It's moist, juicy and full of flavor. My lunch date, like me is picky and he ordered the fried chicken. I stole one of the legs right off of his plate ~ Manna from Heaven! It was crunchy on the outside and juicy on the inside - just the way I wish I could make it! The food is out of this world! The staff is amazing and the prices are reasonable and if you banter with your waitress, it's not uncommon to receive a coupon with your bill. So, if you're in the Prescott Valley area, and you're looking for some good home cooking, Sally B's is between the Safeway and Compass Bank. You can't miss those big red letters - RESTAURANT.

No comments:

Post a Comment