Jun 25, 2013

Great time for Veterans to buy!


In Praise of “All” Veterans

“Gentlemen, this is a glorious occasion for a speech.

“I would like to speak in all praise that is due to the many brave officers and soldiers who have fought in the cause of the Union and liberties of this country from the beginning of this war.

“I say I would like to speak in praise of these men but I am unprepared. I would not like to mention the name of a single officer, lest in doing so, I wrong some other one whose name may not occur to me.

“Recent events bring up certain names, gallantly prominent, but I do not want to particularly name them at the expense of others, who are as justly entitled to our gratitude.

“I therefore do not upon this occasion name a single man. And now I have said about as much as I ought to say in this impromptu manner, and if you please, I'll take the music.”

Do you know who read this speech on Independence Day in 1863 - Abraham Lincoln.
Still to this day does the sentiment hold true of those who have served our country and fought for our freedom.

As in that no man’s name can be singled out for bravery, so as no man’s opportunity should be singled out in home ownership as all should have the opportunity to own their own home.

The Stephanie Woods Team supports our men and women who currently serve or have served in past wars. Let our agents help you through the VA loan process, find your dream home and make your home search experience a pleasant one. Let us help you get into your dream home today.
Speech excerpt Courtesy of James R. Heintze — gurukul.american.edu/heintze/fourth.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment